HOUSE CHECK REQUESTS
One service we provide is that of house checks while the resident is away for a period of time. If you are going to be away from your home for an extended period of time, you may request the Police Department to make periodic checks on your home to make sure everything seems secure. To do this, you must make a request to our department which should include the following information:
- Your name and address
- Departure and return dates
- Emergency Contact Telephone Number (where you may be reached in case of emergency while away)
- A Local Contact Name and Telephone Number (Someone that might have a key to your residence or that could respond in case of emergency)
- Names of persons authorized by you to be at the residence while you are away
- Vehicle descriptions (vehicles that will remain at the residence while you're away) include color, year, make, model, and license plate number
- List of lights that will be on, or set on timers
If something should arise while you are away, we will make notification to you or to the person you designate. These house checks should in no way be taken as a fail-safe way of ensuring your home is protected from crime. Rather, this is just a tool which we use to better protect the citizens of this township and their property. What we offer is a little more security but we still urge everyone to take the proper precautions to ensure that their property is secured at all times. All information received from homeowners will remain CONFIDENTIAL.
A TIP FOR HOMEOWNERS/RESIDENTS
Should you ever find yourself a victim of a burglary, it is essential to follow these helpful tips:
- Call the Police IMMEDIATELY!!! Prompt reporting is essential.
- Don't touch ANYTHING!!! You could destroy valuable evidence by touching items.
- Do Not Go Into The House If You Can Help It!!! Use a neighbor's telephone to call the Police.
- Keep calm!!!
- Don't try to investigate the house yourself. Be safe and wait for the Police to arrive. More can be gained if the scene is not disturbed. Your safety is paramount.
- Keep Alert!!! The more you can remember about what you see around you, the better you can help the Investigating Officer.
- If you are home while your house is being robbed, Call 911/Police IMMEDIATELY!!! Give the operator your name and address. Stay calm, listen, and do EXACTLY what the operator tells you to do.
- Don't Be A Hero!!! Don't take matters into your own hands. Wait for the Police to arrive.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?...E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org